VALUATION REQUIREMENT UNDER AIFMD
Bringing a unique perspective to independent valuation
With the introduction of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD), alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs) must comply with certain changes to the valuation function.
The Directive entered into force for EEA Member States in July 2013, but allows for a further one-year transition period. Independent valuation is an important aspect of AIFMD and is required in addition to specific steps outlined for AIFMs managing funds with illiquid assets (or “Level 3” assets).
Houlihan Lokey is widely recognised as having broad valuation and transactional experience in the fields of asset management, hedge fund, and private equity. Our team is dedicated to understanding the business issues of asset managers and committed to bringing a valuable and unique perspective to the independent valuation process, including:
- Insight into valuation best practices
- Assessment of the design and effectiveness of existing valuation processes and procedures
- Determination as to particular assets which require third-party valuation
- Evaluation and provision of guidance in the development of valuation methodologies for various asset classes across different industries
- Full independent valuations across a wide range of illiquid and hard-to-value assets
AIFMD Valuation Contact