We develop Tech+IP strategies and transactions to support our clients’ growth and core businesses
Strong IP equals strong profit margins. We know from experience how leading positions can be organically built, thoughtfully acquired and appropriately exploited. In each engagement, our multi-disciplinary teams look to add “smart value,” developing strategies and deals that are appropriate for the client in the short and long term based on insights from subject matter expertise, primary research, and fundamental analysis. Using best practices honed from industry leaders, our team evaluates each scenario against the Tech+IP landscape, litigation/licensing practices, M&A and funding events, and information mined from a myriad of public and proprietary databases.
We understand the need for workable solutions tailored to each client’s strategies and business objectives, and that successful execution depends on the details. Based on our extensive experience as advisors to or executives in leading Tech+IP companies, we support engagements with a proven methodology and a multi-disciplinary team of bankers, IP and technical experts, and financial valuation specialists. Together, we efficiently guide transactions and projects through well-defined processes, while maintaining flexibility to overcome challenges.
Our industry expertise and understanding of attendant ecosystems—where our clients work every day—combined with over 20 years of transactional experience, provides a unique ability to anticipate challenges and proactively model solutions.
Our services include:
- Transaction strategy creation or restructuring
- IP portfolio review and categorization (including non-core or under-valued IP identification)
- Distressed transaction advisory
- Patent sales and licensing
- Venture creation and monetization
- Technology transfer
- Buyer and market identification
- Marketing package development
- Deal structuring and IP risk management
- Competitive market generation
- Negotiation, diligence, and closing
- Fairness opinions and Board/Special Committee advisory
Strategic Transactions Contacts