TRANSACTION TAX ADVISORY SERVICES
Helping clients maximize after-tax cash flow and minimize potential tax exposures with timely and intelligent tax structuring and tax due diligence
Our transaction tax professionals help private equity and strategic clients increase value through thoughtful, tax-advantaged transaction structuring, as well as identification and mitigation of relevant historical and projected tax risks. Our national team of tax professionals brings a significant depth and breadth of tax expertise from the IRS National Office and Big Four accounting firms. Our clients include a broad range of U.S. and foreign-based financial and corporate clients engaged in both domestic and cross border transactions. We collaborate closely with our clients’ corporate and tax attorneys, avoiding duplication while providing actionable and timely advice impacting acquisition structure and exit positioning.
Our buyside and sellside tax due diligence services include:
- Identifying valuable structuring opportunities and post-close structure tax efficiencies;
- Identifying and preserving existing valuable tax attributes;
- Identifying business incentives opportunities;
- Identifying tax-related EBITDA adjustments;
- Identifying tax issues and risks and evaluating alternatives to address material tax issues with an ultimate view to the client’s exit; and
- Working with clients’ attorneys to manage tax risk through the contract process.
Building on our leading position and history in financial restructuring, we assist clients through the tax aspects of financial restructuring and sellside M&A transactions, as well as assisting with IRS and state tax audits/tax expert testimony, performing Loss Limitation (Section 382) analyses, allocations of purchase price to personal goodwill, and voluntary disclosure processes to minimize tax exposures.
Transaction Tax Advisory Services Contact